Not a gym rat

The past few days have been frustrating as a Montreal runner. Freezing rain and icy cold temps have made for trees, cars and streets to be covered with layer upon layer of thick ice. It is highly treacherous to walk to your car, let alone even think about running.

So I had no choice, I did it….I went to the gym….and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Not great mind you, but not awful either. I definitely won’t become a gym rat any time soon but it did serve it’s purpose. Nice treadmill section, a running track, hot yoga studio, pool, sauna and juice bar….all lovely things I will have to embrace in the next 3 months if I’m going to keep up my training.

The only problem was boredom. Math was never my strong suit in school but I’m sure that there’s some calculation involved with running outside vs. running on the ‘mill. UGH…

MjAxMi02ZjllOTkwNjE1MDNhYTNj

It’s okay though, I’m embracing the process of becoming a small running rodent. I anticipate much success over the next few months as I train to gain speed in order to scurry around and forage for fuel this fall ๐Ÿ˜‰

hamster treadmill

I will have to motivate myself with fabulous playlists, Netflix, spring race planning and my new mantra….only 3 months to go, only 3 months to go, only 3 months to go…

Comments

1. says

Oh I’m with you on the treadmill running.. I’m pretty sure the clock slows down when you press start! We have no snow, no ice and the rain was off so I got out for a run tonight, ended up slipping on wet leaves! Nature is against us!! Xo

2. says

3. says

Love this Jennifer!! Sorry about the horrible weather but I must say that if you gym has an indoor track that is a total score!! I WISH there was a gym with an indoor track in my area. And you stink at math too eh’ lol that makes two of us ๐Ÿ˜‰

• says

Yes I was pretty excited about the track actually. As I was on the treadmill I was watching people run on the track and planned on trying it out tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes! and uh…yeah…total math dumbbell here!!

4. says

• says

5. says

I’m totally with you! I much prefer running outside. In Florida it’s tough because from around May – early October, it’s just unbearably hot and humid. Even running early morning or in the late evening is a challenge, so during those months I use the treadmill too. It’s extremely boring. I do what you’re saying though – Netflix saves me from the boredom every time! I have a friend who likes to watch horror movies on the treadmill but that’s way too stressful for me haha!

• says

Any extreme weather is tough to run in for sure!! But I have to say that I’ve never heard of anyone watching horror movies while on the treadmill! It’s hysterical but I’m thinking that maybe your friend is actually on to something…..perhaps being chased by zombies really motivates one to RUN! lol

6. says